We believe in God, the maker of heaven and earth. We believe in Jesus Christ, our Lord, God’s only son born of a virgin. We believe in the Holy Spirit, God’s promised presence in the world. We believe Jesus Christ is God and the savior of mankind. We believe in the Holy Bible as the sole, complete, and inspired Word of God. God is three persons in one (the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit).
Marriage and Sexuality Beliefs
We believe that God created humans in two sexual kinds-male and female; gender is a part of God’s perfect creation and is bound to its roots as a biological reality. We believe marriage defined by God is between one man and one woman.
There are many more tenets in the Christian walk as revealed by scripture. The CHC's function is intended to be a group of Christian believers aimed toward encouraging and equipping like-minded homeschool families. As such, we are not a complete church body in every sense. We operate under the goal/expectation that all members are a part of a healthy church body for complete fellowship, mentorship, worship, and teaching in the faith. Differences in some points of view are unavoidable within a group of this nature, but we discourage members from letting differences become divisions.
The governing council reserves the right to decline or revoke membership.
God as Creator:
- Genesis 1:1, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."
Jesus, Son of God, born of a virgin, Savior:
- Luke 1:35, " 'How will this be,' Mary asked the angel, 'since I am a virgin?' The angel answered, 'The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God. '"
- Titus 2:11-14, " For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds."
The Spirit, God's promised presence:
- John 14:15-17, "If you love me, keep my commands. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you"
- 2 Cor 3:17-18, "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."
God as Trinity:
- Matt. 28:19, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,"
- 1 Cor. 12:4-6, "Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. And there are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons."
- 2 Cor. 13:14, "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all."
Authority of scripture:
- Isaiah 40:8, "The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever."
- 1 Thessalonians 2:13, "For this reason we also constantly thank God that when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but for what it really is, the word of God, which also performs its work in you who believe."
- 2 Peter 1:20-21, "No prophecy of scripture ever comes about by the prophet’s own imagination, for no prophecy was ever borne of human impulse; rather, men carried along by the Holy Spirit spoke from God "
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17, "Every scripture is inspired by God and useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the person dedicated to God may be capable and equipped for every good work"